Sunday, August 28, 2011

Finding The Right Vacuum Cleaner

Shopping for a new vacuum cleaner is a lot like shopping for a car. Much like when buying a car, you should do your homework when buying a new vacuum cleaner. Think about it, this product is going to be an integral part of your life for the extended future. You want to make sure that you are getting the best product for the best value. There are so many to choose from, that narrowing down the field can be a daunting task. I will break down a few of the best sellers.


Up first we have the Dyson DC25 Animal Ball-Technology Upright Vacuum Cleaner. I can't recommend this vacuum cleaner high enough. This is the vacuum that I personally own. I have three cats, and you wouldn't know it after I run my Dyson. If this vacuum were a comic book character, it would be Superman. The only downside on this product is the price. At $549, it is a hefty chunk of change, but it really is worth every penny. If you have never tried a Dyson product, you have to see it to believe it. My carpet is pretty old, but one pass with the Dyson makes it look brand new. Another perk of this vacuum is that it is bagless, with a see through trap. You will always know how long you have until its time to empty the vacuum. And now for the breakdown:

Dyson DC25 Animal Ball




Product: Dyson DC25 Animal Ball-Technology Upright Vacuum CleanerPrice: $549.00
 Rating:4.5 out of 5 Stars on Amazon.com
Random Customer Review: "If you live in an apartment, if you own a dog/cat, if you HATE DUST, if you currently own a POS vacuum and are reading these reviews, trying to figure out if you are gonna cave in and buy a Dyson....DO IT NOW!!! BUY THE DYSON DC25 ANIMAL!!!! You will be glad you did and you won't ever mind cleaning your apartment EVER AGAIN!!! It does it all!!!"






Up next we have the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Pet Rewind Plus Upright Vacuum, Bagless, UH70210. For starters, this is another bagless upright! As I already said, I am a huge fan of bagless vacuums. Another big selling point, is this product has a collapsible handle that enables it to reach the difficult areas that most other vacuums miss. As a multiple cat owner, my favorite feature is "Pet Upholstery Tool". This attachment has rubber wipers that make pulling up stubborn pet hair from upholstery a breeze! Another thing that I like is this product has an 8' long stretch hose. That really comes in handy when cleaning out your car. And now for the breakdown:





Hoover Windtunnel T-Series Pet Rewind Plus
Product: Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Pet Rewind Plus Upright Vacuum, Bagless, UH70210
Price:$135.59
Rating: 4 out of 5 Stars on Amazon.com
Random Customer Review: "I have owned many vacuums. I originally purchased a Hoover Windtunnel and was not impressed. I then ordered this Hoover Windtunnel Pet vacuum and WOW! This is amazing. I've already picked up an entire bucket of dust that the other one did not get 5 days ago. I'm not sure why people gripe about the size of the bagless bucket. I have an 1800 square foot house and 2 cats (so we vacuum our furniture) and we only have to empty it once, maybe twice. It takes about 3 seconds to empty (SUPER EASY). Purchase this with confidence. You will love it!!!"
  







Up next is the  Oreck XL2000 RHB Commercial Upright Vacuum Cleaner. Right off the bat, the first thing I love about this vacuum is the cool retro look. This really could have come directly from an episode of The Odd Couple. Felix Unger would be proud to own this vacuum! This machine is very light, only 8 pounds. It also boasts the ablility to go from carpet to hard surface with no adjustment. It has a high speed double helix brush, and low clearance to get under furniture. The MetaXAlloy motor fan resists breakage and wear out from metal objects, like paper clips and coins. And now for the breakdown:




Product: Oreck XL 2000 Upright Commercial 8 lb Vacuum Hypo Filtration
Price: $220.99
Rating: 3.5 out of 5 Stars on Amazon.com
Random Customer Review: 
"This is my second Oreck. My first one lasted over 13 years without any trouble. It was time for a new one and decided to upgrade to the commercial. So glad I did, I have a lot of space to keep up with. The ease of using this vacuum is by far one of the best I've ever used. It's so light weight and even the kids will offer to vacuum!" 













No comments:

Post a Comment