Saturday, September 17, 2011

A New Twist On Survival Football

This year I joined a survival football league with a slightly different format.  I thought it was interesting, because it takes away the chaos of week 1.  Here is how it works...

In a traditional survival league, you choose one team every week, and when you miss you are out.  In this new format, you skip week 1 altogether.  Starting in week 2, you select 2 teams.  So for example, last week I didn't pick, and this week I have chosen the Steelers to beat the Seahawks, and the Packers to beat the Panthers.  If both the Steelers and the Packers win this week, I will not pick again until week 4.

Should one of my teams lose, then I will be forced to pick again in week 3.  I will pick one team every week until either a winner is declared, or I pick another loser.  If I pick a second losing team, I am totally eliminated from the survival league.

If both the Steelers and the Packers lose in week 2, then I am totally eliminated from the survival league.

Now, as for the people that picked both games correct in week 2.  All of these teams will not make any picks in week 3.  In week 4 these people will once again pick two teams to win.  If they miss both teams, they are once again totally eliminated from the survival league.

If they miss one team in week 4 they must pick one team in week 5 and every week following until they eliminated, or a winner is declared.

And if they get both teams correct in week 4, they skip week 5 and once again pick 2 teams in week six.

This process continues until only one person is left, and that person is declared the winner. 

2 comments:

  1. sounds interesting
    what site is it on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not on any site right now. A friend of mine created this format, and currently runs it offline. I wish I had shared it a little sooner, so more people could try it out. Unfortunately it just occured to me today.

    ReplyDelete